Friday, January 11, 2013

Living With MS

For many people, who have read this blog.  They maybe saying who cares or who wants to hear from a person with MS.  Well I hate to break it to you but there are a lot of people who want to hear a story of hope.  After my last blog I realized that was why I was blogging the story of my MS.  I touched basis on diet and described some of the things I'm doing now and possibly in the future.  At the end of the day, I've realized the reason for this blog is show you are allowed to have MS and hope.

Yes, what you put in your mouth and your body is very important.  But equally important is how you think about things.  There are those that say that what you think begins a chemical reaction that affects your entire body.  If you listen to people like Daniel Amen (author of "change your brain, change your life") the thoughts if gratitude produce different chemicals for your brain then the thoughts of anger.  You can ask yourself, how often have you gone to sleep to thoughts of gratitude?


For me, this has been something I've noticed that living cleaner life has effected.  I've noticed this with the inner voice that talks to myself in my head.  Spending time with feelings of gratitude and happiness has changed that voice.   It used to be aggressive and down right mean.  I would use a lot of vulgar language but this would be in my head and no one but me knew it existed.  Having this voice change has been nice and a welcome change in my life.

I'll continue to write this blog because it is a way for me to show my gratitude towards a disease.  It helps me talk about the disease and it allows me to let go of unwanted feelings.  Most of all it gives me hope.  Hope that my life will not be defined by MS and hope that others like to hear about someone with MS who has hope.  I will write more and as often as time allows, but in the short term I would say to people with MS or any other disease.  The best thing for you is hope.   Surround yourself with hopeful people.  Eliminate lengthy interactions with people who do not carry a lot of hope.  Remember, you deserve it, regardless of having a disease or not!

1 comment:

  1. I love the tone of this!! It always comes down to hope!

    ReplyDelete